Vandeventer Estates and the Deaconess Center for Child Well-Being are bringing some love, new residents and smart development to the neighborhoods just north of Delmar. This project is continuing to evolve with new homes on C.D. Banks and Finney. This stretch of Vandeventer looks better than it has in years.
Another quote from wikipedia on the "obliterated" Vandeventer Place:
Vandeventer Place, opened in 1870 and included a house design by H.H. Richardson. Vandeventer Place has been completely obliterated, with the exception of the east gate, which was removed to Forest Park.
These gates are visible today right by the Jewel Box in Forest Park. They were moved there in 1950. There's a nice write up of the gates at the St. Louis Patina blog...