St. Louis Schools

St. Louis Public Schools - Surplus Properties List

St. Louis Public Schools - Surplus Properties List

With school starting back up last week, seemed like as good a time as ever to visit the remaining schools on the SLPS surplus buildings list. These can be yours for a most reasonable price. Man there are some amazing, historic places in this city. We ranked them from top to bottom on biggest wins for the city’s history and architecture.

Kennard Classical Junior Academy

Kennard Classical Junior Academy

Kennard Classical Junior Academy (KCJA) is a magnet school within the St. Louis Public School System, focusing on "gifted programs" serving children grades pre-Kindergarten through 5th. The school has been located at 5031 Potomac Avenue in the North Hampton Neighborhood since 1928. We interview a parent with a student at the school.

Wilkinson Early Childhood Center @ Roe School

Wilkinson Early Childhood Center @ Roe School

Wilkinson Early Childhood Center @ Roe School (WECC), is a magnet school in the St. Louis Public School System (SLPS).  It serves children in grades pre-school to 2nd.  WECC is housed in the Roe Schoolhouse built in 1919 by renowned architect Rockwell M. Milligan and is located at 1921 Prather Street in the Franz Park Neighborhood, otherwise known as "Dogtown". We interview a parent with a student at the school.

Compton-Drew Investigative Learning Center

Compton-Drew Investigative Learning Center

Compton-Drew Investigative Learning Center is a middle magnet school within the St. Louis Public School System, serving children grades 6 through 8. The school has been located at 5130 Oakland Avenue in the Kings Oak Neighborhood since 1996.  We interviewed a parent with a student at the school.

Mullanphy School

Mullanphy School

Mullanphy School, or Mullanphy Investigative Learning Center as it is currently referred to by the school system, as an elementary magnet school within the St. Louis Public School System.  The school is housed in a beautiful building designed by renowned architect William B. Ittner.  The school has been located at 4221 Shaw Boulevard in the beautiful Shaw Neighborhood since 1915. We interview a parent with a student at the school.